The Henry Suites MiraNila QC is where you can discover and appreciate the country’s historic ties to MiraNila’s 90-year history. In the estate, you can find treasures lovingly kept by the Benitez Family to be shared to guests and visitors:
1. MiraNila Heritage House and Museum,
2. Gallery MiraNila by The Blue Leaf,
3. Cafe by Bizu Groupe (set to open this June 2022) and
Built in 1929 during the American period at the top of Mariposa Hill (then part of part of San Juan, Rizal and now of Cubao, Quezon City), the Benitez mansion is witness to the country’s history after surviving the Japanese invasion, and World War II. It is said that the mansion got its name in 1932, as oral history would have it, the name Mira-Nila was conjured when Helena, viewing Manila from the torre—the highest point of the house which remains to this day—saw Ateneo de Manila in Intramuros on fire. Calling her brothers to join her, she called “Mira à Manila! Mira à Manila!” (Look at Manila!) and thus the name “Mira-Nila” stuck after Helena won a family contest to name the house.
Patterned after the architecture of houses in Florence, Italy.
The vintage pieces that integrated into the suites had generously “donated” to the hotel some mid-century pieces, chairs and furniture that came from grandfather’s clinic. Some showstoppers include an antique dresser, and furniture, and updating pieces and rooms with unique, whimsical and memorable lighting fixtures.
ROOM FACILITIES & AMENITIES
• Fully airconditioned rooms with select rooms having access to a balcony facing the lush garden
• 42-inch Smart TV
• Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi access
• Minibar with locally sourced snacks & drinks.
• Complimentary bottled water replenished daily.
• All-natural bathroom amenities by Bath Origins.
• French press with fresh coffee grounds by Henry & Sons.
• Tea-making facility
• Hot & cold shower
• Living and Dining areas (select rooms)
• Bathtub (select rooms)
• Iron and ironing board
• Safety deposit box
• Connecting rooms (selected)
THINGS TO DO
• Take a tour and be educated about our rich past at MiraNila Heritage House and Museum.
• Visit Artery Art Space — an artist- run contemporary art gallery located in downtown Metro Manila where solo and curated group shows feature emerging and established artists who present unique and engaging narratives introspective of the world around together with formative incursions that reinvent the conventions of art today.
• Hang out at Tago Jazz Cafe that features local jazz gigs in a snug, cabin-like interior with a convivial ambiance.
• Catch a movie at Sine Pop, a post-war home turned “Boutique Theatre” in Cubao that will let you experience the thrill and excitement of watching a beautiful film in an actual cinema whose architecture and interiors will inspire you.